Thursday 29 May 2008

Madonna - Madonna Wows Crowds With First Uk Live Show Of 2008

Madonna made a regal return to live performing in the UK last night as she closed the first night of Radio 1's Big Weekend in Kent.

Playing up to her title of the Queen of Pop, Madonna arrived on the stage at Mote Park on a gold throne.

Her set was opened with Candy Shop from her latest album, Hard Candy, and was followed by hits from her 25-year career including Hung Up and her number one single 4 Minutes.

"Obviously, I want to do new stuff because I'm very excited about it," Madonna told Radio 1 DJ Jo Whiley.

"I feel that's what people come to hear but I also want to do a few of my oldies but goodies.

"I chose Hung Up because that was the biggest hit from my last record and I chose Music because it's a crowd pleaser, it's anthemic and it brings people together."

Playing at the Maidstone venue today are bands including The Kooks, The Enemy and Nelly.



11/05/2008 14:57:00




See Also